We are Hard Pressed on every side, BUT NOT Crushed;
Perplexed, BUT NOT in Despair;
Persecuted, BUT NOT Abandoned
Struck Down, BUT NOT Destroyed.
(2 Corinthians 4:8-9)
I am surviving. At times I have to verbally attest to the present moment, but I am surviving. I will literally say out loud, "I am washing my hair. I am drying my face. I am getting out a plate." God is the great "I AM" and meets me in those moments.
And I am angry. How could they do this to her? All this time, they did not provide support. When she looked for a plan to parent, they were no where. When she went into labor and desperately wanted her Mom there, she was not there. In the pain after the operation, no family came.
But when it came time to sign the papers, they came. And they threatened. And they manipulated and bullied. How could they do that? How could they see that as love?
And this is the SECOND TIME this has happened to us! That the GRANDPARENTS bullied their daughter! I don't understand.
When I got to hold him in the hospital, the nurse came in and asked M if she had fed him. When she answered no, the nurse responded with playful chastisement, "Girl! What are we going to do with you? You HAVE to feed him every two hours!" It broke my heart and made me SO glad we would be able to care for him.
And now we're not.
And I wonder if he's fed. And dry. And snuggled.
Or is he hungry? Crying? Scared?
I know my heart will heal. I know the Lord has me in His grip. I know I"ll laugh again and be able to move on.
But what of him?
This is the fourth child we've lost to a dysfunctional family. The fourth child we will worry and wonder about. The fourth child we could have loved and provided for. The fourth child we would have raised to know Christ. The fourth child to break our hearts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so grateful that my best friend and her two children are here. They are such a blessed distraction. It is so comforting to hold their youngest (our Godson), to bury my nose in his neck and love on him. You can't help but smile when he locks eyes with you and grins with his whole body. You can't help but move on when their beautiful daughter climbs in your lap and asks for a story. You can't help but giggle at her facial expressions and dramatic flair. And that is to say nothing of my best friend- who has a sixth sense- a special gift- for know when you need space and when you need to talk; when just a look would set you over the edge, and when you need to break down in a hug. She's taken and made phone calls for me so that my family and friends would not be sick with worry and sat on the floor and cried with us. I am so grateful for her presence here with us. (We may never let her leave!)
I have not wanted to talk on the phone. But the comments you have left me have been amazing for my spirit. As your prayers roll in, I've continued to be amazed. Amazed at the Rosaries and Mass intentions. Amazed at the offer to take some of our pain. Amazed at the tears shed on our behalf.
Thank you, sweet friends.
33 comments:
Love you sweet Lauren, I love the verse you started your blog with, very powerful words and a Promise from the Almighty. Every free moment I say a prayer for you and J and Baby and I will continue to do so. Why this has happened I don't know, but I do know that God is there with you and put E there just when you needed her. Holding and hugging you from afar sweet friend...your roomie
Praying for you and your husband. At least those children have you and your husband praying for them since they might not be in a very good family situation. I pray that your forever child comes soon.
That verse is perfect. May God give you strength. I hope you get your forever baby soon.
So so very sorry...praying for you!!!
You have been in my thoughts and prayers dear one! You can not know how my heart aches for you! I am so happy to see that you do not despair. God bless you sister, for all of your suffering...I am with you.
I am just catching up and my heart is breaking for you. Prayers for healing for you and your husband.
I am sitting her with tears in my eyes reading your words. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you and your DH since I read your posts yesterday.
I have been lifting you up in prayer, and I have to say that I'm mad too! I kept telling Bill, "I'm so mad!" I'm so mad that they couldn't see the selfless love that their daughter was trying to give to their grandchild.
I want you to know that I am in awe of your strength and your faith through this difficult time.
I will also keep this little baby boy and M in my prayers. That our Blessed Mother will wrap them in her loving arms and shield this little boy from emotional or physical harm.
I'm still just stunned that this happened. I am so grateful you are surrounded by wonderful friends and family. I pray for you, your family, and the sweet little boy. I so wish he had been given the chance of a more stable & loving life.
I'm not surprised that you are already quoting scripture and relying on God to get you through this. You are truly, truly amazing! Lots of prayers still coming your way.
What a perfect verse. I wept for you in church this morning as we sang "I Surrender All" and I thought of all the Lord has called you to surrender. Still, I was reminded that, somehow, He is GOOD and He is, at the end of the day, the only one worth holding onto. Love and prayers.
There are no words to express the depth of my sorrow. I'm praying for you, JC, baby boy, and the other three babies. I pray God will continue to help you and JC get through this. On this Feast of the Assumption of Mary, may Mary help ease your pain.
Ann
I prayed for you and for Our Lady to make sure to have that little boy got baptized and raised to know both her and Jesus. Hope my special intention is granted on Mary's special day.
I am so sorry Lauren. I have no words, only prayers.
You are so strong Lauren! Your selfless love for the bm and the baby has apparent through it all. You are a beautiful, inspiring example and will one day truly be an amazing mother. I can't wait for that day and I just pray it is soon! Blessings, love, and hugs! I'm glad you are hanging in there.
I have read but I wasn't able to post from my phone...I do not have any words...I just prayed for you and offered up my migraine for you....THought about you at mass....And my heart is not far from praying for you.....It makes every fiber in my being ache....
Someone else took the thought right out of my head. When your child arrives (and s/he will), they are going to be amazingly blessed to have such a strong, faithful, loving, giving mother.
You are so inspiring.
I know this is crushing, but your spirit is such a blessing to see.
And God bless your friend. I'm so thankful you posted this about her being there - we've been so worried.
:(
I'm so glad to hear from you. I know it's so hard, but thank you for keeping us in the loop.
I'm angry, too. Like you said, how can they do that?? Don't people have more sense and love than that? Each time I pray for you I just have to keep God's goodness in the forefront of my mind. Otherwise, it's so easy for me to go "there".
I'm so thankful to see God's strength when you are weak... you are an amazing testimony... keep the faith!!
Love you!!
So encouraged to read your post.
Girl, you are so mature. You have kept your eyes on the prize, Christ. Way to go, you have not lost focus. Although Satan has tried, he has not derailed you.
I love you and wish I was there to cry with you and for you. I so remember you there for me is some very dark hours. I appreciated you so much. You came at the right time, God knew.
Thanks for being an encouraging to me even in your hard time. I am angry too, those grandaparents are only thinking of themselves. So sad. Like you said, you will move on, but what will become of that little boy. Heart breaking.
Praying for you, so glad you have your friend there for you.
I think I speak for most (all?) of us when I say that you have been on our minds constantly, and in our prayers. And, I have no doubt that the little bit of time you had with baby boy will carry him throughout his life. I just keeping thinking how blessed he is that you will be praying for him for the rest of your life, and I trust that God will shower him with grace and honor your prayers.
Big hugs, sweetie. We all love you.
Lauren, Your BLOG . . . makes my heart break for you . . . and cheer for you too.
Lauren, you are handling this with such beauty, grace, and strength. I'm so proud of you. Bravo!!!
Please know that . . .
You will heal.
Baby boy will be okay.
Another baby will be sent to you soon.
These things I know, because I have faith in God.
But, more importantly, you were there for that baby's mother when she needed you. God sent you there for a reason . . . maybe not for you to get that baby, but for you to help that young mother . . . in ways that you may never understand.
Baby boy will be better off, because you were there to show his mother the way.
(kinda sounds like "It's a Wonderful Life" doesn't it???)
Well, YOU are a wonderful daughter and you will, one day soon, be a WONDERFUL MOTHER!!!
I Love You so much!!!
MOM
I am so amazed by your strength. I am doing praise and worship this morning with my students and all these prayers will go up for you.
Your faith and compassion in a time of such pain and sadness is beautiful to behold. May Our Lady wrap her mantle around you and your husband and comfort you both.
Keep it up! You are loved!!!!
Oh, Lauren, I am heartbroken for you and Jaris right now. I have no words, only tears...
I'm in awe of your faith and strength, Lauren! You and your husband will continue to be in my prayers.
P.S. I can't wait to see the miracle God must have in store for you! :)
I'm praying for you Lauren! And that baby boy...is lucky because he does not have you to pray for him as well. I believe it was you who made me realize that I can always pray for the babies I couldn't adopt.
You have helped me and many other waiting to adopt couples by informing us of yet another question or concern we need to be aware of when adopting. We need to find out from the pbm if her family is okay with the adoption...and that means everyone in the family! I guess there's always a risk someone can pop out of nowhere but information needs to be laid out truthfully so this kind of stuff does not happen! The s.w. at your agency should have been up on this situation. I would have a good talk with that person. I'd be angry too.
I'll pray for you as you heal and like many others have said...there will be another baby and when it's the right baby for you...it will happen. God is good and He'll give you strength. God bless.
Lauren,
I can hardly imagine, but know that we will pray for you, J and your future child, where ever they are.
Love In Christ,
Raymond
You are so amazing, Lauren. My big sis, my role model with your strong faith (and REALNESS that doesn't deny the pain and questions in the midst of that faith). So blessed to have met you and to call you my friend. Still praying for you.
Love,
Laura
To all Lauren's BLOG friends . . . your words are so beautiful, encouraging, and inspiring. Thank you all so much for being there for my dear daughter. You are wonderful!!!
May God bless you all.
Much Love,
Barbara (Lauren's Mom)
Lauren-
I just heard the news. And my heart breaks for you. Such a hard, frustrating heart wrenching situation for you both. You and J are both in my prayers that God may guide and comfort you. And Baby is there too that he may be cared for, nurtured and provided for. Love and hugs to you both.
I can not stop crying. I am so, so sorry and so sad for you. This is not fair! My heart breaks with you. Please know how much we are thinking of you.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I came over here to check on you through Lisa's blog and I am shocked. You will be in our prayers. I will offer up the Seven Sorrows of Mary for you. I hope that Our Blessed Mother will offer you comfort.
Oh, no, I'm so deeply sorry.
We had two failed adoptions before our daughter came home to us. It is so difficult, and my heart goes out to you.
God bless you as you work through this. May this make you that much stronger, and may this never happen again. Don't despair; for us, the third time was the charm.
I am also a Catholic wife and mother, and I will be praying for you. I happened upon your blog through a link on a friend's blog, and I'll be checking back, so as to celebrate with you when you have a baby in arms.
God bless,
Elizabeth
Post a Comment